(For the record, it’s not a lazy day in general, just a lazy writing day.) My computer is on an upswing of crazy behavior, so I’m not inclined to make this a long post this week. (No, I don’t think it’s a virus, I think my computer is just broken at a fundamental level and as much as I want to throw it out the window and simply buy a new laptop, I cannot afford that so here we are.) But I have accomplished a few things, so here’s evidence. Continue reading
These are my goals for this month.
- Get at least halfway through my part of co-authoring story
- Keep up on related edits
- Find a title!
- Get to final draft of Vanity (anthology short story)
- Critique all the other short stories for the anthologies
- Complete outline for NaNoWriMo story
- Brainstorm/rough outline the story that’s starting to bug me and threatening to
- take over my desire to write currently plotted NaNoWriMo story
- Dig out Straw Commander and start posting that on Scribophile, (but I have to
- perfect it first and dazzle you all with how amazing it is, right?) as-is
- Finish edits for early chapters of Princess and the Pea
- Then ask people to take a look at them again
- Finish knitting ugly blanket (it really is ugly, I’m using up all my old yarn in one cacophony of mismatch) (it’s taken me all summer and I’m so ready to be done with this thing)
- Read a friend’s anthology and let her know what I thought
- Check forums and actually post stuff rather than lurking or just forgetting to be social at all
Hopefully I can get all this done, but I’ll settle for 80% because sometimes life just happens. We’ll see how it goes. What are y’all’s goals this month?
I also watched an episode of “Say Yes to the Dress”, so that’s where the title came from. I’d apologize for it except that I can honestly say I don’t watch much reality TV and I’m not averse to swiping a decent title for a pun-y blog post.
I had a chance to write a story that would end up in an anthology. AKA, published. I decided not to. Here’s why. Continue reading
I got really curious about what would happen if my alien character Elere had access to Pinterest. There was no point to this musing, it doesn’t fit anywhere in any of the stories I have written or plan to write, but it was fun going off on a tangent and it turned out okay so here it is. Continue reading
I have some exciting news. I’m getting a short story published in an anthology, and this is what the cover looks like! I’m so excited. The book comes out June 17th, and (if I remember correctly) will be available on Amazon’s Createspace in paperback, and on Kindle as an ebook. The ebook is already available for preorder here: Continue reading
I’ve mentioned that I’m writing a short story. Well, it’s all written, and now I’m on the critique stage. This is surprisingly less painful than I thought. Granted, there’s any number of things that need to be fixed, but the people who have read it thus far seem to think that it’s at least a solid base. I am okay with that. I can fix anything as long as I know the core is solid. Continue reading
I’m busy editing and querying, but this makes two months now I haven’t written anything from scratch. Since I was going a little crazy, I started writing some short stories, just to get things flowing again. Today I had some free time so I worked on three stories, at approximately the same time. This made some… interesting things happen. It was a bit of a process. Continue reading