At about the time my last post went live, I was taking my temperature for the first time. It was Wednesday before I was finally done with that mess, if still exhausted and thoroughly sick of being sick. So this is not going to be a really long post.
Even so, it’s almost Christmas and there are a few presents I’m so thankful for from this past week.
First, the MVPs:
- My mom (for doing all the things, even though she just got through this herself)
- My dad (same! But he was still kind of sick so that much harder)
- Understanding employers (also it being almost Christmas so work schedules were already lighter which was wonderful)
- Brother (was not sick, the lucky bugger, but also put up with my random texts from boredom and all that)
Now the fun little things:
- Sleeping through the night (best thing ever not waking up at midnight needing more Nyquil just to fall unconscious)
- The weird orange juice finally tastes weird again (I was desperate for something with a little sugar in it, I guess)
- Waking up with a story in my head instead of an observation about a dry mouth or sweating or one of the other symptoms I woke up with
- I can make my bed and not just lie in it all day
- Also, changing clothes is wonderful and not something to be taken for granted
- And showers, those are great
These are just a few of the things I made note of right after I started getting better. I’m sure there are more wonderful gifts I’ve been given over the past week. Like finishing up my own Christmas prep just in time! (Except for one thing, but that got tanked by the flu week and that was just it)
Merry Christmas! Hope no one gets sick.