The fun thing about being an adult is that you can look at that long list of stuff you are supposed to do and say “screw it, I’m watching Netflix.” Of course, it comes with the caveat that now you are entirely responsible if bad things happen because you did not do the stuff. Which means that if you want to be “successful” as said adult, you must become adept at a certain amount of self-motivation. Continue reading “Self Motivation”
I don’t enjoy the cold very much. In fact, I greatly prefer the summer, sunburn and all. But since I also try to be grateful for things, here’s what I do like about the autumn weather.
Not winter. I’m not there yet. Continue reading “It’s Cold Again, Dang It”
The stories we enjoy tend to influence what kind of stories we write. Which is all well and good, because we’re supposed to write what we ourselves enjoy, but no one wants to pay money for a story that is exactly like the movie they just saw. On one hand, there is nothing new under the sun. On the other hand, there are new ways to combine things, and new perspectives, and ways to infinitely tweak all the old favorites until it’s something new and fun and creative. (And also not subject to a plagiarism lawsuit, for a practical reason.) Continue reading “Some Of My Favorite Characters (And Why)”
These are my goals for this month.
- Get at least halfway through my part of co-authoring story
- Keep up on related edits
- Find a title!
- Get to final draft of Vanity (anthology short story)
- Critique all the other short stories for the anthologies
- Complete outline for NaNoWriMo story
- Brainstorm/rough outline the story that’s starting to bug me and threatening to
- take over my desire to write currently plotted NaNoWriMo story
- Dig out Straw Commander and start posting that on Scribophile, (but I have to
- perfect it first and dazzle you all with how amazing it is, right?) as-is
- Finish edits for early chapters of Princess and the Pea
- Then ask people to take a look at them again
- Finish knitting ugly blanket (it really is ugly, I’m using up all my old yarn in one cacophony of mismatch) (it’s taken me all summer and I’m so ready to be done with this thing)
- Read a friend’s anthology and let her know what I thought
- Check forums and actually post stuff rather than lurking or just forgetting to be social at all
Hopefully I can get all this done, but I’ll settle for 80% because sometimes life just happens. We’ll see how it goes. What are y’all’s goals this month?